The building industry is not great at accepting change and as BIM makes its way onto the scene, people don’t realise this is a tool not only used in the design phase, but can be carried on to the construction and management phases of the project.
The two day workshop will explore and explain how to get the most out of a Building Information modelling life cycle. Over the course of the two days, we will have various design professionals from different organizations speaking on case studies, on how they break down a Building Information Modelling execution plan.
The workshop also looks at the three main stages of a building construction and design project (design, construction and management) and describes how a BIM Execution Plan (BXP) can be used within the different phases of Building Information Model (BIM), Building Assembly Model (BAM) and Building Optimize Operations Model (BOOM).
The aim is to educate professionals on how to get the most out of a Building Information Model Management Plan (BMP)rather than just using it as a 3D design tool.
Throughout the workshop it will be been explained how protocols must be executed and why it is so beneficial in a BIM project. It is fundamental for us implement BIM standards based on the international BIM framework. Using the Building Information Model method through the three key stages also creates a bridge between all the parties involved in the process creating a cohesive and team orientated project environment.
‘3D Modelling is just part of the BIM process and will only drive transformation if it’s combined with wider and deeper support from the industry, including behaviour, culture, transparency and processes..’ Vaughan Harris, Executive Director, BIM Institute
Who should attend the workshop?
BIM BAM BOOM Workshops are a unique opportunity to learn how to improve the BIM competency of individuals, organizations and teams. Using design tools and workshop BXP and BMP templates, participants will learn how to assess their own BIM knowledge and the capabilities of their respective organizations and project teams.
Key benefits from participating
A workshop is an interactive environment with significant time set aside for executive learning and group discussions. At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Assess their organizational systems, team compatibility and project requirements
- Use competency assessment as a base for planning and project execution
- Have an insight into the processes of BIM workflows that can be assessed and improved
- Understand how to manage a BIM Execution Plan within their respective organization
- Acquire a BIM BAM BOOM Certificate of Participation (Carries International Accreditation)
Who would benefit most from attending?
This BIM BAM BOOM Workshop is suitable for all those with medium to extensive experience in BIM workflows: architects, engineers, contractors, clients and project managers, especially if:
- You hold a senior or mid-senior position in your organization
- You’re responsible for selecting recruits or improving staff performance
- You’re responsible for BIM implementation
- You’re keen to learn how to improve the BIM performance of your organization
- You’re responsible for assessing the BIM capability of project participants
If you are one of the above, then this workshop is designed specifically for you. It offers a unique opportunity to learn how to improve your own BIM knowledge and the capabilities of your organization and project team.