The planning and design stage of the Egypt’s US$ 40 billion housing project for one million homes was being finalised. Arabtec, UAE-based construction firm is set to launch the first phase before the end of 2014.
The construction is set to begin once Arabtec concludes the final agreement with Egyptian authorities. The company would set up a group of companies to see through construction of phase one of the project and provide Egypt’s New Urban Communities Authority with “in-kind housing units and public services” in return for land and facilities needed in the project.
The whole housing construction project is expected to be complete before 2020 with Arabtec expecting the first homes to be delivered by early 2017.
- N2 rehabilitation project to be completed end of this year
- Siemens to build two gas-powered electricity plants in Libya
- International team unveil 76,000 m2 waterside development in Abu Dhabi
- Gift of the Givers to unveil aquifer project in drought-stricken Beaufort West
- Kenya: one million low cost houses to be constructed over the next five years