The Protea Hotel Chain has signed a deal worth US$ 22m to expand its presence in Africa by constructing a five-star hotel in Rwanda.
The Protea Kivu Marina Resort Hotel will be located in Rusizi District in the Western Province of Rwanda. The government has launched the ‘Kivu Belt Tourism Master Plan’ aimed at transforming the Western Region’s Kivu Lake into a major tourism destination in East Africa.
Protea hotels group is a South African based hotel with huge investment plans for East Africa. Apart from Rwanda, other countries include Uganda, Kenya, Zanzibar, and Mozambique. The company is one of the largest African hotel brands with a presence in over 10 countries in the continent. The hotel is now part of the Marriot Hotels International.
- N2 rehabilitation project to be completed end of this year
- Siemens to build two gas-powered electricity plants in Libya
- International team unveil 76,000 m2 waterside development in Abu Dhabi
- Gift of the Givers to unveil aquifer project in drought-stricken Beaufort West
- Kenya: one million low cost houses to be constructed over the next five years