Maritime trade up 10.7% at ports across Ghana

02 July 2014

In the recently released Shipping Review of the Ghana Shippers Authority, it was announced that Tema and Takoradi Ports recorded 21.5 million tonnes of maritime trade from January to December 2013. The figure shows an increase of 10.7 per cent over the 19,489,731 tonnes handled by the two ports in 2012. The Port of Tema handled more than 77 per cent of the total trade, which amounted to about 16.7 million tonnes while the Port of Takoradi dealt with the remaining 23 per cent amounting to 4.4 million tonnes.

Improved infrastructure and logistics are now available at African ports.

African Ports Evolution 2014 is the only practical platform offering you access to the leading shipping lines, freight forwarders, bulk exporters, customs officials and governments who are pioneering regional connectivity and trade development in Africa. Ports across the continent are showcasing their modernisation efforts in order to attract as much trade as possible while maximising profits and streamlining operations. African economic growth is directly dependent upon trade volumes and port expansion promises to be the catalyst to unlock Africa’s potential as a leading global trade partner.

Register today for African Ports Evolution 2014 and increase your cargo throughput and port connectivity into Africa’s high growth markets! 

African Ports Evolution 2014 is designed to provide you with five star networking opportunities to enable investment, development and trade expansion that will boost business opportunities and promote maritime development in the greater Sub-Saharan region.

The Hypenica team look forward to welcoming you to the event.

For further information, please contact our team on: +27 21 700 4300 

Read the latest issue

Latest Issue