Sasol Group Technology has awarded global professional services and project management company SNC-Lavalin a contract to provide structural, mechanical, electrical, instrument-ation and piping construction services on the Fine Ash Dam 6 project at Sasol Secunda.
This will comprise the installation of about 15 km of piping, 370 t of steel and various mechanical and electrical equipment.
The Fine Ash Dam 6 project will support the life extension of the Sasol Secunda operations facilities by taking the ash generated by the Secunda operations, in stages, to the new Fine Ash Dam 6 as Fine Ash Dam 5 is decommissioned.
The construction of the project will be completed in a number of phases and this award is part of the first phase, with a peak workload forecast for September and an average team size of 125 people.
Fine Ash Dam 6 will be built in accordance with the latest environmental requirements, with the final phase being completed in 2021.
“With our strong record in training and development within the local community, we expect 80% of our craft team members to be from the local area. We look forward to executing the first phase and hope to continue working with Sasol through the latter phases of the project,” said SNC-Lavalin oil and gas president Martin Adler.
- N2 rehabilitation project to be completed end of this year
- Siemens to build two gas-powered electricity plants in Libya
- International team unveil 76,000 m2 waterside development in Abu Dhabi
- Gift of the Givers to unveil aquifer project in drought-stricken Beaufort West
- Kenya: one million low cost houses to be constructed over the next five years