The Concrete Institute is a non-profit organisation that provides a comprehensive range of technical services in concrete to the construction industry through education, information and technical advisory services.
The purpose and objectives of The Concrete Institute are to provide key services & functions to the construction industry and to promote and protect the good name of cement and concrete by:
- Providing education and training through the School of Concrete Technology to users and specifiers of concrete about the correct use of the material and its constituents.
- Providing free access to comprehensive technical information about concrete and cement through the Information Centre.
- Publishing technical books and leaflets in relevant and efficient formats.
- Providing Advisory and Consulting Services to the Industry.
- Ensuring relevant national standards and specifications are revised regularly through involvement in technical committees and sub-committees of the South African Bureau of Standards.
- Acting as an independent body representative of the cement, concrete and broader construction industry to interact effectively with government and regulatory bodies
www.Concrete.TV: Text: Concrete.TV
www.Concrete.TV – a dynamic blend of broadcast style television and WebTV, covering: news, projects, products, people, countries and events for the concrete and construction industry.
The Concrete Institute – Knowledge to use Concrete more effectively