Zambia plans to start building two power generation plants that will add 550 MW of electricity to its national grid once completed, Finance Minister Felix Mutati said on Friday.
Mutati said in a budget speech one investor planned to build a 300 MW thermal power station in southern Zambia and another a 250 MW hydro power project in northern Zambia is starting next year.
Zambia and Zimbabwe have started preliminary financing arrangements for the joint 2 400 MW Batoka hydro power project, he added.
- N2 rehabilitation project to be completed end of this year
- Siemens to build two gas-powered electricity plants in Libya
- International team unveil 76,000 m2 waterside development in Abu Dhabi
- Gift of the Givers to unveil aquifer project in drought-stricken Beaufort West
- Kenya: one million low cost houses to be constructed over the next five years